Friends of the Hyde Park Library
Mini Holiday Sale
Books – Media – Wall Art
New & lightly used holiday items and gifts
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Menino Hall Area — Hyde Park Library
35 Harvard Ave
The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library are pleased to offer a Winter raffle featuring 3 items.
A gift basket of souvenirs from Hyde Park’s 150th anniversary and other items with a connection to 1868 such as:
- Tabasco sauce patented 1868,
- Little Women- Louisa May Alcott, written 1868,
- The Technologist – Matthew Pearl, a mystery occurring at MIT in 1868,
- The US Constitution – The 14th Amendment that granted citizenship and equal civil and legal rights to African Americans and slaves who had been emancipated after the American Civil War was enacted in 1868.
- Hyde Park Library postcard
- Now or Never!: Fifty-Fourth Massachusetts Infantry’s War to End Slavery – Ray Anthony Shepard
- and more!
A full listing of basket items and donors including HP Main Streets, and Pure Joy Florist is posted at the library.
2. NEW Corvette roller bag suitcase – from the MA Lottery
3. NEW Corvette men’s watch and sunglasses – from the MA Lottery
Both lottery items were donated by John Wentworth.
Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 tickets for $5.00. Three ways to enter!
- Ticket forms/envelope may be picked up from the display case in the library opposite the circulation desk. Put completed form with payment in cash or check in the collection box (library staff cannot accept payments or issue tickets); or
- Make out a check to “Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library” and mail with your name, phone number and email address, to the Friends c/o Hyde Park Branch Library, 35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde Park, MA, 02136; or
- Use a credit card with the Paypal buttons below. Quantity for 3 raffle ticket option can be increased.
|1 Raffle ticket, $2|
|3 Raffle tickets, $5|
Prizes may be picked up from the branch library, or delivered to you if requested. Please supply your name, and contact information . Last day to buy a raffle ticket is Wednesday, December 18, 2018. We will notify the winners on December 19th.
All proceeds from the book sale will be used by the Friends to support music and other programs at the branch library. Programs at the library are open to all ages and are free.
Starting on Thursday, October 15th from 5-7 pm, our small book store-room will be open to the public. It will also be opened and staffed by a volunteer on Saturdays from 12-2. This schedule will continue every Thursday and Saturday until December 22nd.
There also will be a small selection of CDs/DVDs, audio cassettes, ‘special higher priced books’, and wall art. We will continually replenish the shelves with new donations so stop by often.
Amazon.com’s Prime Day 2018 is set to start July 16, at 3pm ET and run through July 17. Your shopping will make a difference for the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library after the deals end when Amazon donates a portion of your purchase to us.
Please remember to log into your Amazon account with this AmazonSmile link, so 5% of your purchase will be donated to the Friends.
Thank you for supporting the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library, and Happy Shopping!
The Friends are very proud to offer its annual summer music series featuring a different local performing group each Thursday in the library garden through August 23. Dan Hart (pictured left) kicked off the 2018 Concerts in the Garden series on a very hot Thursday, July 5th in Menino Hall. All concerts start at 6:30p.m, and end at 7:30p.m. Concerts will be moved inside to air-conditioned Menino Hall in the event of excessive heat or rain.
The full line-up:
Jul 5 Dan Hart
Jul 12 NO Concert – Annual Book & Media Sale/Member’s Reception
Jul 19 Savin Hillbillies
Jul 26 Tanya Maggi and Friends
Aug 2 Marshall Richards
Aug 9 Jazzebelles
Aug 16 Bird Mancini
Aug 23 Tony Cibotti
The summer concert series this year is fully funded by a grant from the Citywide Friends of the Boston Public Library, with support by volunteers from the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library and the Hyde Park community at-large. All concerts are free and open to the public.
The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library will hold its Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 7, 2018, beginning at 1:30pm, in Menino Hall, Hyde Park Branch Library. The Hyde Park Friends membership is invited to attend this annual meeting to receive reports on the organization and to approve 2 Board of Directors members to new two-year terms. Members of the general public are also welcome to attend. The annual Friend of the Year award will be presented to H. Kenneth Farr.
At the conclusion of the organization’s business, local author Ray Anthony Shepard will present “Now or Never: Fifty-Fourth Massachusetts Infantry’s War to End Slavery”. Light refreshments will be served at the end of the Annual Meeting.
For more information, please call 617-361-2524.