Please help us kick off our 1st Monday Evening at the Hyde Park Library series sponsored by the Friends of the Hyde Park Library and the community group ‘Keep Hyde Park Beautiful’.
Monday, April 22, 2019
Hyde Park Library –Menino Hall
35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde PArk, MA 02136
Speaker: Dan Ruben, Executive Director of Boston Green Tourism will share tips on how to live a green lifestyle, cut our carbon footprint, and save money in the process! Read the full flyer for what’s planned for this session. Guaranteed to be informative and fun!
Earth Day Flyer
More than 60 people attended the March 23rd event that included a brief business meeting which is a requirement for a non profit organization, the presentation of the Friend of the Year Award to Thien Simpson from Hyde Park Main Streets, and an informational session with Q &A time with David Leonard, the President of the Boston Public Library.
Highlights from 2018
- Revenue from membership fees, donations, and fundraising events such as book sales and raffles topped $5,600. The Citywide Friends of the Boston Public Library supported HP Friend with a $1,650 grant that totally covered the Summer Garden Concert Series. TOTAL INCOME $7,250.
- Expenses were mainly for entertainers, refreshment for adult, children and teen events, and supplies for crafts ($6,571)
- A historic consultant was hired to help with the application for Community Preservation Act funds ($2,500). Yeah, we were funded!
- Kathryn MacDonald, Patrice Gattozzi and David Vieira’s terms on the board of directors were renewed for another 3 years.
Highlight Summary for 2019
- Monday Evenings at the Hyde Park Library an informational lecture discussion series will commence on April 22 at 6:30 in Menino Hall. The series will continue through October. Look for a separate post about each topic and speaker.
- The annual Book and Media Sale is set for April 4-6th. Details to follow. Drop off your items for the sale in May. If you would like to volunteer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Summer Garden Concert Series is scheduled for July and August. There will be 5 adult themed programs and 1 geared to families and children. Four of the concerts will be part of a partnership between the FHPL and the Berklee College of Music’s Summer in City program. Thanks to Kathryn MacDonald for setting up the partnership and for arranging the series.Details to follow.
Join the FHPL and share your talents so we can do more for our library patrons.
Monday, March 4, 2019
6:30-7:45 pm Menino Hall
You’re welcome to come, listen, participate, and learn what you can do for the group and the library.