The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library was established in 1981and became a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1983. It was established to support adult and children’s programs at the Hyde Park Branch Library. We regularly support:
- a successful weekly outdoor summer concert series
- indoor music and guest speakers
- children’s story tellers and entertainers
- snacks for teen programs
- ongoing books sale
- Chess and Checkers with Charley
The Hyde Park Friends have also
- purchased craft materials for ongoing programs
- supplemented the branch’s book and DVD collections, and
- replaced worn out equipment.
We anticipate more requests from the library staff for supplies and financial support of programs because of annual budget cuts and increases in programming fees. We also see a need for more programs because of the increase in the number and diversity of people using the library.
Please consider supporting the library by:
- renewing a lapsed membership,
- giving a gift membership,
- making a donation,
- volunteering a few hours a month by working on a Friends committee.