The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to support a variety of adult and children’s programs at the Hyde Park Branch Library. We have offered:
- a successful weekly outdoor summer concert series,
- children’s story tellers and entertainers, and
- passes to the Franklin Park Zoo, and to the Trailside Museum.
The Hyde Park Friends have also
- purchased craft materials for ongoing programs
- supplemented the branch’s book and DVD collections, and
- replaced worn out equipment.
We anticipate more requests from the library staff for supplies and financial support of programs because of 2011 budget cuts. We also see a need for more programs because of the increase in the number and diversity of people using the library.
Please consider supporting the library by:
- renewing a lapsed membership,
- giving a gift membership,
- making a donation,
- volunteering a few hours a month by working on a Friends committee.