The Friends sponsor free performances and other activities for children and adults at the Hyde Park Branch Library throughout the year. Supporting the Friends through membership helps fund events such as “The Magic Library” children’s show pictured here.
Become a member and receive notices of upcoming events and member discounts. Or, share your love of the library by giving a gift membership. Click HERE for our printable membership/donation form to mail in with your check OR use the Paypal buttons below (Multiple year memberships are possible by changing the quantity desired for the dues level).
Membership benefits beside the sense of knowing you are helping the community are:
- Members only book sale preview reception
- Free book at the sale ($1 value),
- Discount on Friends merchandise
- Opportunity to join the Huntington Theatre community membership program which offers discounted ticket prices for those with limited income. https://www.huntingtontheatre.org/visit/Community-Membership
Donations of all sizes are welcome and appreciated. Besides our General fund for ongoing operations, the Friends have the following funds for specific purposes:
- Crumpler Fund– a combined endeavor with the Hyde Park Historical Society to install a grave stone at Fairview Cemetery for Dr. Rebecca Crumpler and Arthur Crumple. Dr. Crumpler was the first African-American women to earn a medical degree (1864) in the United States.
- Craft Supplies for purchasing craft supplies used in weekly and special children’s activities in the Children’s Room.
- Garden Fund for purchased bird food, planters and garden furniture as needed.
- Refreshments for purchasing light refreshments and beverages made available at Friends-sponsored events at the branch library.
- General Fund for a non-specific donation.
Click HERE for our printable membership/donation form to mail in your check OR use the Paypal button below to donate in $5 increments.
Show off your library pride in one of four colorful t-shirts featuring our library owl logo! Now only a limited selection of sizes and colors. Ask at a Friends event or leave an email message with your request.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES Member volunteers “make” our events. Share your time and experience by signing up to help at a book sale or other specific event or by joining a Friends committee to plan events and fundraisers.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS meet on the first Monday of at least 6 month of the year. See posted notices and Facebook posts of meeting dates and times. Meetings may take place in either Weld Hall or Menino Hall from 6:30-8:00 pm but are currently being held via Zoom. You are always welcome. Please email for a link.
FEEDBACK Your comments are suggestions are welcome and needed to help the Friends focus our resources. Click HERE for our printable feedback form.
All information and comments submitted to the Hyde Park Friends on our feedback form are confidential and WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED to the public.
Thank you for your support!
MEMBERSHIPS, DONATIONS, SALES
|Dues: Basic, $10|
|Dues: Patron, $15|
|Dues: Sponsor, $25|
|Dues: Life Member, $100|
|Donation, in multiple of $5|