Tuesday & Wednesday, 10am-6pm
Friday & Saturday, 9am-5pm
Because of water damage, Menino Hall is close to the public and can not be used for any programs. Resolution of the problem should take place in the Spring/Summer of 2020.
- First Floor: Circulation Desk, Periodicals, Main Reading Room, Teen Room, General Reference, Adult Non-Fiction Collection, Audio-visual Collection, Local History Room, FHPL book sale shelves, Restrooms
- Second Floor: Adult Fiction Collection, Higher Education Information Center, Weld Hall, The Nancy H. Hannan Memorial Archives Room
- Ground Floor: Children’s Room, Courtyard Garden, Menino Hall, Homework Assistance Program Room, Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Room, Restrooms
The branch building is accessible for persons with disabilities and an elevator connects all floors.
Book & Media Collections
- Valid library card required to borrow books or media
- Need a book or video from another branch? Login to “My Account” at the BPL website, search and find title, click on “Hold this for me” button and select “BPL – Hyde Park” as the pick-up location. Item will be available in 3-4 days at the branch’s circulation desk.
- Use the Book Drop near the ramp entrance to return your borrowed items when the branch library is closed.
Computers & Photocopiers
- First Floor: General Reference
- Second Floor: Fiction Books Section
- Ground Floor: Children’s Room
Internet Access computers
- First Floor: Circulation Desk (#1-6),
Non-Fiction Collection (#7-8; under staircase),
Young Adults Room (#YA1-4; no adult users allowed)
- Ground Floor: Children’s Room (#Children’s1-4; no adults users allowed)
Public Printer Stations
- Purchase print cards at kiosk near the first floor printer
- First Floor: Circulation Desk and in the Adult Room
Sponsored by the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library, 2 learning computers for preschoolers are available at the Circulation Desk for in-library use; valid library card required.
- Currently not available