The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library are pleased to offer a Winter raffle featuring 3 items.
A gift basket of souvenirs from Hyde Park’s 150th anniversary and other items with a connection to 1868 such as:
- Tabasco sauce patented 1868,
- Little Women- Louisa May Alcott, written 1868,
- The Technologist – Matthew Pearl, a mystery occurring at MIT in 1868,
- The US Constitution – The 14th Amendment that granted citizenship and equal civil and legal rights to African Americans and slaves who had been emancipated after the American Civil War was enacted in 1868.
- Hyde Park Library postcard
- Now or Never!: Fifty-Fourth Massachusetts Infantry’s War to End Slavery – Ray Anthony Shepard
- and more!
A full listing of basket items and donors including HP Main Streets, and Pure Joy Florist is posted at the library.
2. NEW Corvette roller bag suitcase – from the MA Lottery
3. NEW Corvette men’s watch and sunglasses – from the MA Lottery
Both lottery items were donated by John Wentworth.
Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 tickets for $5.00. Three ways to enter!
- Ticket forms/envelope may be picked up from the display case in the library opposite the circulation desk. Put completed form with payment in cash or check in the collection box (library staff cannot accept payments or issue tickets); or
- Make out a check to “Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library” and mail with your name, phone number and email address, to the Friends c/o Hyde Park Branch Library, 35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde Park, MA, 02136; or
- Use a credit card with the Paypal buttons below. Quantity for 3 raffle ticket option can be increased.
|1 Raffle ticket, $2|
|3 Raffle tickets, $5|
Prizes may be picked up from the branch library, or delivered to you if requested. Please supply your name, and contact information . Last day to buy a raffle ticket is Wednesday, December 18, 2018. We will notify the winners on December 19th.
All proceeds from the book sale will be used by the Friends to support music and other programs at the branch library. Programs at the library are open to all ages and are free.