In microfilm from The Hyde Park Gazette – Times newspaper, I found monthly reports of the titles of books added to the Hyde Park Library. Here is the listing for January, February and March of 1914.
This weekly newspaper was published from 1912-1924 . The yearly subscription was $1 or 2 cents a copy.
The microfilms to this local newspaper are in the local history room at The Hyde Park Branch of the Boston Public Library. Check with the adult librarian about viewing.
Be sure to check out the BPL’s amazing online newspaper resources .
Thank shoppers who bought books, media and art during our successful Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon hours in October, November and December.
We will continue to open the book store room and also have a table of DVDs and CDs for sale on the following dates and times in the winter and early Spring.
- Saturday, January 26th 12-2
- Saturday, February 23rd 12-2
- Saturday, March 16th 12-2
- Saturday, April, 13th 12-2
During February School vacation we will sell children’s books during special library programs on the following days.
- Wednesday, February 20th 3-5
- Thursday, February 21st 2-4
- Friday, February 22nd 10-12
We need volunteers to sort books and help at sales. Leave you contact information if you have the time to help out. email@example.com
The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library are pleased to offer a Winter raffle featuring 3 items.
A gift basket of souvenirs from Hyde Park’s 150th anniversary and other items with a connection to 1868 such as:
- Tabasco sauce patented 1868,
- Little Women- Louisa May Alcott, written 1868,
- The Technologist – Matthew Pearl, a mystery occurring at MIT in 1868,
- The US Constitution – The 14th Amendment that granted citizenship and equal civil and legal rights to African Americans and slaves who had been emancipated after the American Civil War was enacted in 1868.
- Hyde Park Library postcard
- Now or Never!: Fifty-Fourth Massachusetts Infantry’s War to End Slavery – Ray Anthony Shepard
- and more!
A full listing of basket items and donors including HP Main Streets, and Pure Joy Florist is posted at the library.
2. NEW Corvette roller bag suitcase – from the MA Lottery
3. NEW Corvette men’s watch and sunglasses – from the MA Lottery
Both lottery items were donated by John Wentworth.
Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 tickets for $5.00. Three ways to enter!
- Ticket forms/envelope may be picked up from the display case in the library opposite the circulation desk. Put completed form with payment in cash or check in the collection box (library staff cannot accept payments or issue tickets); or
- Make out a check to “Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library” and mail with your name, phone number and email address, to the Friends c/o Hyde Park Branch Library, 35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde Park, MA, 02136; or
- Use a credit card with the Paypal buttons below. Quantity for 3 raffle ticket option can be increased.
|1 Raffle ticket, $2
|3 Raffle tickets, $5
Prizes may be picked up from the branch library, or delivered to you if requested. Please supply your name, and contact information . Last day to buy a raffle ticket is Wednesday, December 18, 2018. We will notify the winners on December 19th.
All proceeds from the book sale will be used by the Friends to support music and other programs at the branch library. Programs at the library are open to all ages and are free.
Amazon.com’s Prime Day 2018 is set to start July 16, at 3pm ET and run through July 17. Your shopping will make a difference for the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library after the deals end when Amazon donates a portion of your purchase to us.
Please remember to log into your Amazon account with this AmazonSmile link, so 5% of your purchase will be donated to the Friends.
Thank you for supporting the Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library, and Happy Shopping!