The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library would like to congratulate the Faneuil Friends for selling the lucky winning raffle ticket for the Red Sox Experience Raffle drawn on Friday, February 3, 2012. Pictured at left are Boston Public Library Foundation Executive Director David McKay, and President of the Friends of the Faneuil Branch Library Abigail Fury. Our library Friends raised $118 for branch activities and were one of eight such groups submitting raffle tickets for the drawing. Thank you to all who generously participated, and to the Boston Public Library Foundation for this raffle opportunity!
Send us your name, mailing and email addresses, telephone number, and check made to “Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library”, c/o Hyde Park Branch Library, 35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde Park, MA, 02136.
Tickets are $2 each /or/ 5 tickets for $8 . Send your raffle ticket orders by January 29 to ensure timely receipt at the branch library–late orders received will be returned.
All paid raffle tickets collected will be delivered to the Boston Public Library Foundation on Feburary 1, 2012. Please see our previous post “Special Red Sox Raffle during January 2012” for more raffle details.
The Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library are pleased to offer a very special raffle in which ONE lucky winner will receive a RED SOX EXPERIENCE package during the 2012 Season. Other participating Boston Public Library Friends groups will also be offering tickets. Funds raised by each Friends group will benefit their respective branch library’s initiatives.
THE RED SOX EXPERIENCE PACKAGE:
- The raffle winner & 3 guests (1 guest must be age 16 or younger) will watch 3 innings from behind Fenway Park’s Green Monster, AND will receive four (4) infield grandstand seats from where they will watch the remainder of the game.
- The raffle winner must book a game date before March 30, 2012, and use the package by September 1, 2012.
- This package cannot be used for Opening Day, inter-league, or New York Yankees games.
- The Hyde Park Friends will sell raffle tickets at the Hyde Park Branch Library between January 2 and January 31, 2012.
- Price: $2 for one (1) or $8 for five (5) tickets. Contact information (name, maiing and email addresses, telephone) must be legibly printed on the raffle stub to be valid for the drawing.
- All raffle tickets from all participating Friends groups will be delivered to The Boston Public Library Foundation by February 1, 2012, and a public drawing will be held in the Boston Room at the Copley Square main branch on Friday, February 3, 2012, at 9:30am.
The Hyde Park Friends thank the Boston Public Library Foundation and the Boston Red Sox Team and Organization for this opportunity.
The quilt pictured here is the creation of Friends members Mary Ellen Berman and Charlotte Halloran, and will be displayed at the branch library until the second day of the Summer Book on June 11, 2011, when the winning raffle ticket will be drawn at 3pm.
Raffle tickets are available for sale throughout the month of May until Saturday, June 11th, at $2 per ticket or 3 tickets for $5. Tickets may be purchased in person at the branch library’s circulation desk or via mail by sending a check made out to “Friends of the Hyde Park Branch Library” care of the Hyde Park Branch Library.
All proceeds of the quilt raffle will benefit the Friends’ musical art programs for all ages at the branch library throughout the year.
The Bookmark Ball will again offer a raffle of items donated by members of the Hyde Park community, as well as a special quilt raffle that will conclude at the Friends’ Summer Book Sale on June 11, 2011.
Tickets for the Ball raffles are $2 per ticket or 3 for $5, and can be purchased throughout the evening of the Ball on April 30.
Raffle items include
- $25 gift certificate donated by the Hyde Park McDonald’s (2 winners will be drawn)
- $30 gift certificate donated by Ron’s Ice Cream (1 winner will be drawn)
- $25 gift certificate donated by Annabelle’s (1 winner will be drawn)
- $25 gift certificate donated by Papa Gino’s (1 winner will be drawn)
- $25 gift certificate donated by Fanfan’s Bakery (1 winner will be drawn)
- gift basket from Hyde Park Main Streets (1 winner will be drawn)
- a 1-year Individual membership to and donated by the Friends of the Boston Harbor Islands (1 winner will be drawn)
- a Boston Public Library commemorative tile (1 winner will be drawn)
- a library/book lover’s gift set donated by Salamander Arts (1 winner will be drawn)
The quilt available for raffle is the creation of Friends members Mary Ellen Berman and Charlotte Halloran, and will be displayed at the branch library until the second day of the Summer Book on June 11, 2011, when the raffle winner will be drawn. Raffle tickets for the quilt–also $2 each or 3 for $5–will be sold beginning April 30 at the Ball and continue to June 11th. Tickets may be purchased in person at the branch library or via mail.
All proceeds from the Back2Basics Bookmark Ball and the quilt raffle will benefit the Friends’ summer concert series and other musical art performances throughout the year at the branch library. All such concerts are free and open to the public.